South Shore Chapter after screening BURNED: Are Trees the New Coal? with Raymond Plourde from the Ecology Action Centre, the organizing committee and Paul Pross from the Healthy Forest Coalition.
The Quinte Chapter hosted a Corporatizing Canada event in Picton on November 14. See more photos on Flickr!
Great photos from the Campbell River Chapter who recently sponsored a Zero Fossil Fuels rally with 350.org!
The Quill Plains Chapter held their Annual General Meeting, followed by a public screening and discussion of the award winning short film, ‘Reserve 107: Reconciliation on the Prairies’
A large part of the Council of Canadians’ strength comes from our chapters working to build the kind of Canada we want. Join a chapter and meet people who share your interests and values and find out more about how you can be involved in your community. See if there is a chapter near you and if not, contact us to discuss starting one!
Below are a few recent highlights – send your actions and events to your regional organizer – we’d love to add your photos to our Flickr photostream too!
Chapters in the news
- Comox Valley Council of Canadians AGM upcoming, Comox Valley Record, November 14, 2018
- Stop Gambling on Big Oil, Invest in Nova Scotia, November 15, 2018 – BP has been drilling the first of a potential seven offshore oil wells, and this week we learned that the well turned up dry and is being capped! Read our response here.
Chapters in the streets
- Toronto Chapter working with others in Toronto to organize the Toronto People's Assembly on Climate Justice 2018 November 17, 2018 - 9:00am
- Halton chapter event on Nov 20 November 20, 2018 - 7:00pm
- London chapter AGM Event November 21, 2018 - 7:00pm
- Wakefield: Corporatizing Canada Book Tour Event November 22, 2018 - 7:00pm
- Comox Valley: AGM Working Session November 22, 2018 - 7:00pm
- Guelph, Hamilton Chapters: attending the Putting a Stop to Nestlé November 24, 2018 - 1:00pm
- Hamilton Chapter AGM Event November 27, 2018 - 7:00pm
- Lunenburg Chapter: Documentary Film Screening of Sonic Sea November 27, 2018 - 7:00pm
- Prince Albert Chapter: Pharmacare 2020 Discussion with Marc-André Gagnon. November 27, 2018 - 7:00pm
- Guelph Chapter AGM Event November 28, 2018 - 6:00pm
Help Amplify #CouncilChapters Online!
Here are a few recent highlights online – reTweet, share, like & follow!
width="500" height="462" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media">