Guelph Chapter at the SAY NO TO NESTLE RALLY, Aberfoyle Plant, November 24. Learn more and take action!
A large part of the Council of Canadians’ strength comes from our chapters working to build the kind of Canada we want. Join a chapter and meet people who share your interests and values and find out more about how you can be involved in your community. See if there is a chapter near you and if not, contact us to discuss starting one!
Below are a few recent highlights – send your actions and events to your regional organizer – we’d love to add your photos to our Flickr photostream too!
Chapters in the news
- It's a human right, Brantford Expositor, November 25, 2018
- Founder of Merville Water Guardians recognized by the Council of Canadians, My Campbell River Now, November 25, 2018
Chapters in the streets
- Mahone Bay Chapter: Determining Health in Communities November 30 - 7:00pm
- Edmonton Chapter: AGM Event December 2 - 3:00pm
- Saskatoon Chapter: AGM Event December 3 - 6:00pm
- Toronto Chapter: What Is To Be Done: Navigating the Current Political Moment
- December 6 - 7:00pm
- Inverness County Council: Environmental Film Weekend, December 7-9
- Prince Albert Chapter: International Human Rights Day Write for Rights December 10 - 7:00pm
Recent blogs and recommendations
- Sonic Sea - the widespread impacts of ocean noise on life and livelihood
- 100+ people protest fish farm proposal in Nova Scotia
- Six Nations youth leads protest against Nestlé
- Quinte Chapter organizes event on challenging the corporate rule of water
- The Future is Public! Kingston event examines democratic control of public services
Chapters (Northumberland, Peterborough and Kawarthas, Guelph, Quinte, and others!) have sent letters to their MP’s re don't sign USMCA on November 30.
Action: Tell Trudeau Not to Sign the New NAFTA Deal!
Safety at the Co-operative Refinery in Regina and what it means for Regina residents. Watch this video of a two-hour discussion from an employee perspective.
A long-time supporter of the Council recommends this video to help to inform our work: https://www.cbc.ca/radio/frontburner/the-psychology-of-climate-change-communication-1.4898262 and https://climateoutreach.org.
Help Amplify #CouncilChapters Online!
Here are a few recent highlights online – reTweet, share, like & follow!