Campbell River, B.C. protest in support of the the Wet'suwet'ten Nation's blockade.
Vancouver Unist'ot'en Solidarity rally
Wet’suwet’en rally in Ottawa / Algonquin Territory
On January 8, Council of Canadians chapters across the country supported the International Day of Action: Stand in Solidarity with the Wet’suwet’en. See #CouncilChapters for highlights and read more about actions you can take now in support of the Wet’suwet’en.
A large part of the Council of Canadians’ strength comes from our chapters working to build the kind of Canada we want. Join a chapter and meet people who share your interests and values and find out more about how you can be involved in your community. See if there’s a chapter near you and if not, contact us to discuss starting one!
Below are a few recent highlights – send your actions and events to your regional organizers – we’d love to add your photos to our Flickr photostream too!
Here are a few highlights:
Chapters in the news
- Nanaimo rally held to support those opposing gas pipeline, Nanaimo News Bulletin, January 8, 2019
- VIDEO: Campbell River protesters denounce arrests at Indigenous-led pipeline blockade, Campbell River Mirror, January 8, 2019
- Kamloops: Peace Walk, January 12, 2019 - 4:00pm
- Send us your World Water Day events! March 22, 2019
- London: Left, Right: Marching to the Beat of Imperial Canada, January 16, 2019 - 6:30pm
- Prince Albert: Seedy Saturday, February 23, 2019 - 7:00pm
Send us your chapter actions and events at email@example.com – we’d love to see your photos too!
Help amplify #CouncilChapters online!
Here are a few recent highlights online – reTweet, share, like & follow!