Council chapters are made up of volunteers who work with local community groups, organized labour and others to promote the Council’s campaigns to protect water and public health care, work for fair trade, climate justice and democracy as well as other issues of social and economic concern. Check out some of our chapters’ actions below and be in touch if you are interested in getting involved in a chapter near you.
Chapters in the News
- Northumberland: Annual General Meeting, March 20, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Montreal: Who owns the water? with Maude Barlow March 22, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Charlottetown: Screening of Anthropocene, March 22, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Elmvale: Potluck and film screening, March 22, 2019 - 5:00pm
- Guelph: Screening of Watermark, March 22, 2019 - 7:00pm
- London: World Water Day Rally, March 22, 2019 - 11:00am
- Nelson: Speakers, Short documentary & Prizes for World Water Day! March 22, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Tatamagouche: Screening of Fractured Land, March 24, 2019 - 1:00pm
- Powell River Townhall: CleanBC Plan, Vancouver Island and coastal communities, March 25, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Prince Albert: World Water Day, March 26, 2019 - 7:00pm
- B.C. Townhall: CleanBC Plan, Lower Mainland and Southwestern B.C., March 27, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Margaree Forks: Screening of Burned, March 30, 2019 - 3:00pm
- Hamilton: A Green New Deal, April 2, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Cobourg: Screening of Anthropocene, April 5, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Cobourg: Matinee screening of Anthropocene, April 6, 2019 - 2:00pm
- Margaree Forks: Screening Call of the Forest, April 13, 2019 - 3:00pm
- Montreal Book Launch: Fear, Love, and Liberation, April 17, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Margaree Forks: Climate Change Discussions & Environmental Film Festival, April 27, 2019 - 3:00pm
Send us your World Water Day events!
Email chapter actions and events to email@example.com – we’d love to see your photos too!
Help amplify #CouncilChapters online!
Here are a few recent highlights online – reTweet, share, like & follow!