Fredericton Chapter supporting the youth-led climate rally.
Council chapters are made up of volunteers who work with local community groups, organized labour and others to promote the Council’s campaigns to protect water and public health care, work for fair trade, climate justice and democracy as well as other issues of social and economic concern. Check out some of our chapters’ actions below and be in touch if you are interested in getting involved in a chapter near you.
Recommended reading in advance of the webinar on Saturday morning March 23 at 11:00 MT: Wendy Holm: Connecting the dots—SNC-Lavalin, the Site C Dam, and continental water-sharing
- Free movie screening in Charlottetown on World Water Day, The Guardian, March 21, 2019
- Local collaborative hopes public film screening will open eyes to climate change, Windsor Star, March 18, 2019
- World Water Day in Nelson, The Nelson Daily, March 17, 2019
- Ontario: You can save the world's purest groundwater – again!
- Palmater: First Nations’ water problems a crisis of Canada’s own making
- Judge orders temporary injunction to bar Mi’kmaq water protectors
- Nelson Chapter to co-host World Water Day event
- 160,000+ students across Canada strike for climate
- The Council of Canadians mourns alongside Muslim communities
- Charlottetown: Screening of Anthropocene March 22, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Guelph: Screening of Watermark March 22, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Maude Barlow in Montreal: Who owns the water? March 22, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Nelson: Speakers, Short documentary & Prizes for World Water Day! March 22, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Webinar: Change the Dialogue on the Site C Dam March 23, 2019 - 10:00am
- Tatamagouche: Screening of Fractured Land, March 24, 2019 - 1:00pm
- Powell River Townhall: CleanBC Plan, Vancouver Island and coastal communities, March 25, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Prince Albert: World Water Day, March 26, 2019 - 7:00pm
- B.C. Townhall: CleanBC Plan, Lower Mainland and Southwestern B.C., March 27, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Margaree Forks: Screening of Burned, March 30, 2019 - 3:00pm
- Hamilton: A Green New Deal, April 2, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Cobourg: Screening of Anthropocene, April 5, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Cobourg: Matinee screening of Anthropocene, April 6, 2019 - 2:00pm
- Margaree Forks: Screening Call of the Forest, April 13, 2019 - 3:00pm
- Montreal Book Launch: Fear, Love, and Liberation, April 17, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Prince Albert: Earth Day Event April 20, 2019 - 1:00pm
- Margaree Forks: Climate Change Discussions & Environmental Film Festival, April 27, 2019 - 3:00pm
Email chapter actions and events to firstname.lastname@example.org – we’d love to see your photos too!
Help amplify #CouncilChapters online!
Here are a few recent highlights online – reTweet, share, like & follow!