The London Chapter hosted an event on World Water Day. See the highlights here.
Thank you to all Council of Canadians chapters for everything done to advance social and environmental justice in communities across Canada! Council chapters are made up of volunteers who work with local community groups, organized labour and others to promote the Council’s campaigns to protect water and public health care, work for fair trade, climate justice and democracy as well as other issues of social and economic concern. Check out some of our chapters’ actions below and be in touch if you are interested in getting involved in a chapter near you.
- 'Thank you very much for your donation,' PM says to Grassy Narrows protester thanked for 'donation,' kicked out of Liberal Party fundraiser, CBC.ca, March 28, 2019
- Trudeau apologizes to Grassy Narrows protester thanked for 'donation ..., Yahoo News Canada, March 29, 2019
- Council rejects request for ban on bottled water, Prince Albert Daily Herald, March 26, 2019
- Elizabeth Phillips: BC government ignores true cost of LNG Canada project, Straight.com, March 26, 2019
- Inverness County backs Northern Pulp's bid to extend deadline, CBC.ca, March 26, 2019
- CBC broadcast of Modified documentary: This film is "a food lover's journey into the world of GMOs." Shot over a period of ten years, this 87 minute film explores the impacts of genetically engineering our food, exposing the cozy relationship between the agribusiness industry and our governments. Filmmaker Aube Giroux investigates why genetically modified organisms are not labeled on food products in Canada and the United States, despite being labeled in 64 other countries around the world. The CBC version will only be 44 minutes in length. Acquire the full length version, French version, recipes, interviews and more at https://www.modifiedthefilm.com.
- Margaree Forks: Screening of Burned, March 30, 2019 - 3:00pm
- Hamilton: A Green New Deal, April 2, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Cobourg: Screening of Anthropocene, April 5, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Cobourg: Matinee screening of Anthropocene, April 6, 2019 - 2:00pm
- Margaree Forks: Screening Call of the Forest, April 13, 2019 - 3:00pm
- Montreal Book Launch: Fear, Love, and Liberation, April 17, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Prince Albert: Earth Day Event April 20, 2019 - 1:00pm
- Margaree Forks: Climate Change Discussions & Environmental Film Festival, April 27, 2019 - 3:00pm
Email chapter actions and events to firstname.lastname@example.org – we’d love to see your photos too!
Help amplify #CouncilChapters online!
Here are a few recent highlights online – reTweet, share, like & follow!