The Guelph Chapter hosted an Activist's Workshop on March 30 where they shared practical skills around community organizing and engagement.
Council of Canadians chapters help put campaigns and social and economic justice issues in the spotlight in communities across the country. Chapter activists continue to be busy protecting water and public health care, challenging unfair trade deals, calling for urgent and immediate action on climate change, and to standing up for democracy. Below are just a few examples of their recent actions. Please be in touch if you're interested in getting involved in a chapter near you.
- 'Interference' in the NWT economy? Or a bad April Fool? Cabin Radio, April 5, 2019
- Signpost: A Green New Deal for Hamilton, The Hamilton Spectator, April 1, 2019
- WIN! Prince Albert Chapter making strides in quest to turn their community “blue"
- Standing solidarity with Ontario students
- Canada is warming faster than we thought. What can we do about it?
- The Power of Many vs. the Ford Agenda
- Michigan halts work on Enbridge Line 5 tunnel
- The Push and Pull of a New NAFTA
- Cobourg: Screening of Anthropocene, April 5, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Cobourg: Matinee screening of Anthropocene, April 6, 2019 - 2:00pm
- Margaree Forks: Screening Call of the Forest, April 13, 2019 - 3:00pm
- Montreal Book Launch: Fear, Love, and Liberation, April 17, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Prince Albert: Earth Day Event, April 20, 2019 - 12:30pm
- Prince Albert: Earth Day Event April 20, 2019 - 1:00pm
- Margaree Forks: Climate Change Discussions & Environmental Film Festival, April 27, 2019 - 3:00pm
Email chapter actions and events to firstname.lastname@example.org – we’d love to see your photos too!
Help amplify #CouncilChapters online!
Here are a few recent highlights online – reTweet, share, like & follow!