The London Chapter holding a banner alongside #CouncilChapters from Hamilton, Guelph, Kitchener-Waterloo, Peel, Peterborough and Quinte at Queen’s Park on Monday to speak out against proposed health care cuts in the Ford government’s draft budget.
#CouncilChapters help put campaigns and social and economic justice issues in the spotlight in communities across the country. Chapter activists continue to be busy protecting public health care and water, challenging unfair trade deals, calling for urgent and immediate action on climate change, and to standing up for democracy. Here are just a few examples of their recent actions...
If you are interested in joining a Council of Canadians chapter near you, please check out our Chapter Contacts, call us toll-free at 1-800-387-7177, or email email@example.com. We can also help you start a chapter if there isn’t one in your community.
- #ClimateStrike Canada, May 3
- Mahone Bay: Public talk on marine protected areas, May 5, 2019 - 2:00pm
- Kamloops: 44th Annual Walk for Peace, May 11, 2019 - 11:00am
- Margaree Forks: Climate Change Discussions & Environmental Film Festival, May 11, 2019 - 3:00pm
- Windsor: The Great Lakes Fishery discussion, May 13, 2019 - 6:00pm
- Red Deer: The Planet is Changing. Why Aren't We? May 25, 2019 - 2:00pm
- Margaree Forks: Climate Change Discussions & Environmental Film Festival, May 25, 2019 - 3:00pm
- Prince Albert: Democracy Event, May 28, 2019 - 7:00pm
Chapters in the news
- Yellowknifers discuss climate change action, Northern News Services, May 2, 2019
- Plastic event for Earth Week attracts strong turnout in Campbell River, Campbell River Mirror, April 30, 2019
- New website aims to inform NWT residents about changes to environmental law, CBC.ca, April 28, 2019
- Irving Oil makes rare public comment on carbon pricing, offers support with a catch, CBC.ca, April 27, 2019
- Riding legislative logjam, non-profits wade in with website, Cabin Radio, April 26, 2019
- Mid-Island Chapter activist Frances Deverell offered ths speech to Nanaimo City Council on Climate Emergency on Monday.
- Council member challenges Inverness County Council’s support for Northern Pulp
- Will you support the climate strike for the next generation?
- Is offshore drilling becoming off limits?
Help amplify #CouncilChapters online!
Here are a few recent highlights online – reTweet, share, like & follow!