More than 60 people attended Bridgewater's Green New Deal Town Hall last night. Lots of positive energy, creative ideas-and passion! Thank you to the South Shore Chapter for co-sponsoring this event and for all the great work happening in this community!
#CouncilChapters help put campaigns and social and economic justice issues in the spotlight in communities across the country. Chapter activists continue to be busy protecting public health care and water, challenging unfair trade deals, calling for urgent and immediate action on climate change, and to standing up for democracy. Here are just a few examples of their recent actions...
If you are interested in joining a Council of Canadians chapter near you, please check out our Chapter Contacts, call us toll-free at 1-800-387-7177, or email email@example.com. We can also help you start a chapter if there isn’t one in your community.
- Red Deer: The Planet is Changing. Why Aren't We? May 25, 2019 - 2:00pm
- Margaree Forks: Climate Change Discussions & Environmental Film Festival, May 25, 2019 - 3:00pm
- Prince Albert: Democracy Event, May 28, 2019 - 7:00pm
Hamilton: Join us to halt the Ford scalpel, May 28, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Sooke: Book tour with author Dahr Jamail, June 4, 2019 - 7:00pm
Join the Fridays for Future strike each Friday in London in front of City Hall from 3-5 p.m.
#CouncilChapters continue to support and attend #ClimateStrike events in solidarity. If you haven’t already, take a minute to tell your MP to support the student #ClimateStrike.
Chapters in the news
- Water in plastic: Who's most responsible in the drive for endless growth? Lindsay Advocate, May 21, 2019
- Lettre ouverte à l'Équateur concernant l'Affaire Chevron, Amis de la Terre France, May 21, 2019
Help amplify #CouncilChapters online!
Here are a few recent highlights online – reTweet, share, like & follow!