Two inspiring students from the Halton Region receiving the Youth Environmental Advocacy Award presented by June Wright of the Halton Chapter.
Every day, Council of Canadians chapters are active in communities across the country. #CouncilChapters are made up of volunteers who work with local community groups, organized labour and others to promote the Council’s campaigns to protect water and public health care, work for fair trade, climate justice and democracy as well as other issues of social and economic concern. Check out some of our chapters’ recent actions below.
If you are interested in joining a Council of Canadians chapter near you, please check out our Chapter Contacts, call us toll-free at 1-800-387-7177, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can also help you start a chapter if there isn’t one in your community.
- Ottawa: A Green New Deal for All, June 14, 2019 - 6:30pm
- Montreal: NO to Trans Mountain/NON à Trans Mountain:DEMONSTRATION, June 17, 2019 - 4:30pm
- Halifax: A Green New Deal for All, June 17, 2019 - 6:30pm
- Ottawa: National implications of legal challenges to public health care, June 18, 2019 - 1:30pm
- Fredericton: Citizen-Led Town Hall, June 18, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Edmonton: A Green New Deal for All, June 19, 2019 - 6:30pm
- Vancouver: A Green New Deal for All, June 21, 2019 - 6:30pm
- Winnipeg: A Green New Deal for All, June 22, 2019 - 6:30pm
- Hamilton: June Monthly Meeting, June 25, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Moncton: Chapter Meeting, June 27, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Kamloops: Canada Day Book Sale, June 29, 2019 - 9:00am
Join the Fridays for Future strike each Friday in London in front of City Hall from 3-5 p.m.
#CouncilChapters continue to support and attend #ClimateStrike events in solidarity. If you haven’t already, take a minute to tell your MP to support the student #ClimateStrike.
Chapters in the news
- Nelsonites gather to hear about Green New Deal, The Nelson Daily, June 10, 2019
- Media Advisory: Resist Ford Cuts Rally and March to Nestlé Bottling Plant in Aberfoyle, GlobeNewswire, June 6, 2019
- Protesters Concerned About Bottled Water Extraction In Puslinch, PuslinchToday, June 5, 2019
- Protest and concern over bottled water extraction, Radio Canada International, June 4, 2019
- Nelson hosts Green New Deal Town Hall, The Nelson Daily, June 2, 2019
Help amplify #CouncilChapters online!
Here are a few recent highlights online – reTweet, share, like & follow!