From London Chapter Co-Chair Julie Picken-Cooper: "We are demanding that climate change is debated this election cycle. We are asking the CBC to intervene and help bring the issue to the forefront. Its time folks to think of your children and grandchildren, not the economy." #OurTime2019 #ChangeTheDebate
Every day, Council of Canadians chapters are active in communities across the country. #CouncilChapters are made up of volunteers who work with local community groups, organized labour and others to promote the Council’s campaigns to protect water and public health care, work for fair trade, climate justice and democracy as well as other issues of social and economic concern. Check out some of our chapters’ recent actions below.
If you are interested in joining a Council of Canadians chapter near you, please check out our Chapter Contacts, call us toll-free at 1-800-387-7177, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can also help you start a chapter if there isn’t one in your community.
- Moncton: Chapter Annual General Meeting, July 25, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Sign up to host or attend a Green New Deal town hall in your community »
- Join the Fridays for Future strike each week in London in front of City Hall on Friday from 3-5 p.m.
#CouncilChapters continue to support and attend #ClimateStrike events in solidarity. If you haven’t already, take a minute to tell your MP to support the student #ClimateStrike.
Chapters in the news
- Bottled, filtered or tap: Is one water better than the other? Globalnews.ca, July 16, 2019
- Misconceptions about bottled water, Orangeville Citizen, July 15, 2019
- Opinion: One year after Greyhound, no one has filled the gap, Edmonton Journal, July 9, 2019
- A Green New Deal for Canada – what's next? Rabble.ca, July 4, 2019
- Opinion: A Green New Deal can start with local communities, Edmonton Journal, July 2, 2019
- Bring a Green New Deal to your community
- Peterborough-Kawarthas Chapter continues Canada Day tradition
Help amplify #CouncilChapters online!
Here are a few recent highlights online – reTweet, share, like & follow!