You will find articles that show the positive change you are supporting across our country and beyond. In this edition you will:
- Hear from the Council of Canadians Honorary Chairperson Maude Barlow about recent campaign developments and what she has seen and heard on her recent travels.
- Read the story of a Grade 5 class in Durham County, Ontario that was inspired by the Council of Canadians to act for social justice by raising awareness about the ongoing need for clean water in many First Nations communities.
- Join the celebration for the end of the Energy East pipeline and read analysis about what this can mean for climate action in our country.
- Enjoy an excerpt of Maude Barlow’s new hard-hitting report Getting it Right: A people’s guide to renegotiating NAFTA.
- Find out how the Parliamentary Budget Officer low-balled the estimated savings and benefits of a national pharmacare program and what the Council of Canadians – with your help – is doing to counter this.
- Read about how a recent forum brought people in Canada and the U.S. together to talk about how we can all play a part in strengthening water protection for the Great Lakes.
- Learn more about how Council of Canadians volunteer chapter activists are acting for social justice in communities near you.