The Edmonton Chapter cordially invites you to our 2018 Annual General Meeting. The Council of Canadians is the largest, non-partisan, grass roots based civil society organization in Canada. With over 40 Chapters across Canada, a staff of more than 25 at our national office in Ottawa and at 4 regional offices, the Council of Canadians is in a unique position to develop, promote and realize a truly progressive agenda for social and environmental justice.
When: Sunday, December 2 from 3:00-5:00 p.m.
Where: Hostelling International, Basement meeting room, 10647-81 Ave., Edmonton, AB (Map)
Please see full agenda below!
Listen to brief reports from the Edmonton Steering Committee members, enjoy some light refreshments and share your ideas on how we can move forward.
This past year, the Edmonton Chapter formally and/or informally partnered with a number of local organizations. There will be brief reports representing activities for each of the following:
- The Alberta Environmental Network (Methane Working Group)
- The Alberta Green Energy Network
- The Alberta Pharmacare Working Group
- Climate Hub
- Climate Justice Edmonton
- CPAWS-Northern Alberta Chapter (re: Bighorn Wilderness Park Proposal)
- Pesticide Free Edmonton
If you have any questions or comments, or If you’re interested in being part of grass roots based initiatives to achieve social and environmental justice, please attend our AGM and/or contact us via email at email@example.com.
Annual General Meeting Agenda
(3-3:45 pm) Introductions, Reports and Elections
Campaigns and Other Reports:
- Pesticide Campaign with Pesticide Free Edmonton Coordinator Sheryl McCumsey
- Alberta Pharmacare Working Group (Robert Wilde)
- The Bighorn Wilderness Park Proposal from CPAWS. (Richard Merry)
- Climate Justice Edmonton (Randy Steinhauer)
- Methane Campaign with AEN (Rod Olstad)
- Alberta Green Economy Network (Richard Merry)
- Facebook Page
- Web Page
Election of Steering Committee Members:
- Steering Committee Members at Large (Treasurer, Minute Taker, Social Media Coordinator, Outreach positions to be determined at first Steering Committee meeting after the AGM)
(3:45-4 pm) Break/Social
(4-5 pm) Open Circle to share issues or concern, information, and discuss strategies and responses to current political conditions.