When: Tuesday, April 2, 2019 from 7:00-9:00 p.m.
Where: 44 Frid St, Hamilton, ON
The Green New Deal is a plan to create millions of jobs while taking on climate change and building stronger communities. What could this kind of transformation look like in Hamilton?
Reserve your free tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/a-green-new-deal-for-hamilton-tickets-58374422469
Join Matthew Green (Executive Director of the Centre for Civic Inclusion), Sarah Jama (Co-founder of the Disability Justice Network of Ontario), and Nrinder Nann (Ward 3, Hamilton City Councillor), for a conversation about a Green New Deal for Hamilton, moderated by The Leap’s Co-Executive Director Katie McKenna.
Hosted by the Council of Canadians Hamilton Chapter, with the Disability Justice Network of Ontario, Environment Hamilton, Hamilton 350, the Hamilton Centre for Civic Inclusion, The Leap, and the Office of Nrinder Nann, Councillor Ward 3 – City of Hamilton.
Coffee, cookies and water will be provided.
- Free parking and reserved accessible parking spaces. Ramp at front door.
- Auditorium is on the first floor, no step to entrance.
- Floor is not sloped; chairs can be moved within the room.
- There is a wheelchair accessible stall in the M/F gendered washrooms; no gender-neutral washrooms. Both washrooms have a double-door entrance that can be difficult to navigate in a wheelchair.
- Information on ASL / CART to come.