When: Tuesday, November 13 at 6:00 p.m.
Where: Robert Sutherland Hall, 138 Union St, Queen’s University (Map)
Light refreshments provided – Parking nearby
Join us for the launch of two new books on the remaking of public services in Canada and the United States:
- Our Common Wealth: The Return of Public Ownership in the United States
- Corporatizing Canada: Making Business Out of Public Service
Privatization is deeply unpopular in North America and has been fought successfully. But if the anti-privatization movement only thinks defensively the best we can do is protect the status quo. Reclaiming public ownership, and rethinking the ways in which public services are delivered, is a crucial part of building a more equitable and sustainable public services future.
- Thomas Hanna - Research Director, Democracy Collaborative, Washington, DC
- Emma Lui - Water Campaigner, Council of Canadians
- David McDonald - Professor, Global Development Studies, Queen’s University
Thanks to Kingston & District Labour Council for support for this event.