The Council of Canadians Sudbury Chapter formed two years ago and continues to be active in our community. We would like to invite you to a meeting to learn more about what we do. We will provide an overview of the chapter’s activities and campaigns. You can ask questions, meet with like-minded people in our community, and learn more about the great ways to become involved with a Council chapter.
When: Thursday, January 19 at 6:30 p.m.
Where: Sudbury’s South End Library, 1991 Regent St. (Map)
Here are a few things our chapter members have done:
- Participated in rallies supporting health care and democracy issues from North Bay to Queens Park.
- Met with many elected officials and electoral candidates.
- Made presentations to Sudbury city council on issues such as homelessness and the environment.
- Worked with local allies on their community-based campaigns.
- Made trips to the train crash and spill site at Gogama and to Geneva Lake which is threatened by chemical spraying.
- Took to the streets for the Council of Canadians’ “Go Vote” campaign, handing out thousands of brochures and setting up tables at several campus locations to encourage young people to vote in the last federal election (which they did in record numbers!).
Feel free to bring a friend – all are welcome!
Please RSVP by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.