Fridays for Future in London has grown! Join the London Chapter every Friday in front of City Hall from 3-5 p.m.
#CouncilChapters help put campaigns and social and economic justice issues in the spotlight in communities across the country. Chapter activists continue to be busy protecting public health care and water, challenging unfair trade deals, calling for urgent and immediate action on climate change, and to standing up for democracy. Here are just a few examples of their recent actions...
If you are interested in joining a Council of Canadians chapter near you, please check out our Chapter Contacts, call us toll-free at 1-800-387-7177, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can also help you start a chapter if there isn’t one in your community.
Starting on May 18, people of all walks of life will gather in communities across the country to discuss what needs to be in a Green New Deal. Click here to sign up to host or attend a Green New Deal town hall in your community.
- Red Deer: The Planet is Changing. Why Aren't We? May 25, 2019 - 2:00pm
- Margaree Forks: Climate Change Discussions & Environmental Film Festival, May 25, 2019 - 3:00pm
- Prince Albert: Democracy Event, May 28, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Sooke: Book tour with author Dahr Jamail, June 4, 2019 - 7:00pm
Join the Fridays for Future strike each Friday in London in front of City Hall from 3-5 p.m.
#CouncilChapters continue to support and attend #ClimateStrike events in solidarity. If you haven’t already, take a minute to tell your MP to support the student #ClimateStrike.
Chapters in the news
- Action on climate change a moral commitment: author, Monday Mag-May 16, 2019
- SHDHS students start project to reduce use of plastic, Lakeshore Advance-May 15, 2019
- Letters to the Editor, May 16, 2019: Moe's pro-Tory campaign won't work, Regina Leader-Post-May 16, 2019
Help amplify #CouncilChapters online!
Here are a few recent highlights online – reTweet, share, like & follow!