Download these 2019 Federal Election Green New Deal window signs!
They contain sample questions for federal candidates – use them at your door and take them with you at candidate barbecues this summer.
Sample questions for federal candidates and Party leaders
- What will you do to take bold action for the climate that ensures a just transition for workers, fights inequality and racism, and respects Indigenous rights and treaties?
- What will you commit to that addresses the need for affordable, accessible, and safe transportation that protects and expands good, unionized jobs in manufacturing and transit driving?
- If your party forms government, what will you do in your first 100 days in office to put in place a plan on the scale of a Green New Deal to address the urgency of the climate emergency?
- What will you do to implement a Green New Deal with a just transition at its core to minimize the impacts on affected workers as we transition to a fossil fuel-free future, including prioritizing the creation of good unionized jobs, public services, and workers’ rights?
- What will you do to implement a Green New Deal that centres on Indigenous self-determination, including the implementation of the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, the Calls to Action from the
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission, the Calls to Justice from the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls, and respects Free, Prior and Informed Consent?
Read more about a Green New Deal at canadians.org/greennewdeal