Your membership is then automatically renewed annually until you choose to withdraw.
Membership in the Council of Canadians entitles you to:
- Voting rights at our Annual Membership Meeting.
- Access advocacy resources, training and skills-building programs.
- Start a chapter in your community or connect with your local one.
- Exclusive content, such as our Canadian Perspectives magazine.
- Updates on Council governance, campaigns and reports.
Yes, I want to become a Council of Canadians member and support its vision, purpose, mission and principles!
- Please take $1 from my next regular monthly contribution to cover my membership fee.
- I support the Council's vision, mission and principles.
- I am Canadian or reside in Canada.
Here’s my contribution to support the Council’s campaigns and values that align with my own commitment to a better world:
Frequently asked questions concerning membership
Am I already a member?
Not yet. On March 15 of this year the Council of Canadians passed a resolution to return to an open membership structure, similar to our structure before 2013, so that our community practices better reflect our values and the change we want to see in the world.
How much does it cost to become a member?
To make it accessible for all, you can become a member for as little as $1 per year.
How long will my membership be valid?
Your membership will be valid for one year from the date you were enrolled. If you donate monthly, your membership will continue to be renewed annually until you request it to be stopped.
I already give monthly. Do I have to do anything to become a member?
Simply tick the box on this form to indicate your wish to become a member and consent to the first $1 from your next monthly contribution to cover your annual membership fee.
Do my spouse and I have to take out separate memberships?
Memberships are granted on an individual basis because memberships come with voting privileges. If you and your spouse give jointly and they also wish to be a member, then they will have to enroll individually.
Do I have to be a Canadian to be a member?
Membership is open to anyone who resides in Canada. An amendment to expand membership to include Canadians living abroad will be voted on at the Annual Members Meeting, June 28, 2020. If you do not currently live in Canada but wish to become a member, contact us for more information.