Last month Kinder Morgan set an arbitrary May 31 deadline for reaching a deal to approve the $7.4-billion pipeline project that will ship mostly diluted bitumen from Alberta to the Coast Salish Sea for export. Here are our top 5 reasons to stop this tar sands pipeline.
1. The project requires Indigenous consent and Kinder Morgan doesn’t have it.
2. Kinder Morgan pipeline is the wrong direction on climate change.
3. Diluted bitumen spills present unacceptable risks to critical waterways and Coast Salish Sea.
4. Liberal band-aids didn’t fix Harper review process, and now we know it was rigged.
5. Investing in a new tar sands pipeline is a bad economic choice.
(don't forget to scroll down for 5 actions you can take to #StopKM)