Thank you to all who voted in last week’s elections for regional representatives to the Chapter Task Force. The following chapter members were elected to serve on behalf of their regions:
- Carol Ferguson (North Shore Chapter) for the Atlantic Region
- Meg Borthwick (London Chapter) for the Ontario-Quebec Region
- Robert Wilde (Edmonton Chapter) for the Prairies-NWT Region, and
- Patricia Cocksedge (Powell River Chapter) is acclaimed for the Pacific Region
In addition to these four representatives, the following individuals will serve and have been appointed by the Board of Directors:
- Tara Seucharan (Toronto Chapter) will serve as a participant from the Good Governance Task Force.
- Marilyn Keddy (South Shore Chapter) will serve as the Board Representative. Marilyn is the Atlantic Regional Representative to the Board of Directors.
- Christina Warner is Director of Campaigns and Organizing and Interim Co-Executive Director, and
- There is also space for a person from an organization that allies with the Council of Canadians. This position is not yet filled and will be appointed by the Board of Directors.
Thank you to each of the chapter activists who offered to serve on this task force, and to each of you for supporting this process. The Task Force will work together to draft and present recommendations to the Board of Directors in December 2020. The Board of Directors will bring these recommendations to the full membership at a special members meeting in 2021.