Support the fight for strong just transition legislation
Right now, we have a critical window of opportunity to push for a just transition away from fossil fuels.
We need your help to seize this moment. The Trudeau government promised just transition legislation in 2019, and tabled it in June 2023. We’re working with our supporters and allies to strengthen this bill so that it responds to the climate crisis at the scale and speed required.
Every dollar you give will help the Council of Canadians to expand the growing movement of people across Canada calling for strong just transition legislation to combat the climate crisis, provide urgent financial support for all workers, transform our economy, demand justice, and ensure a more safe and prosperous future for all.
Make a Single Donation
OTHER WAYS TO GIVE
Please call us toll-free at 1-800-387-7177 to donate by phone.
Prefer to donate by mail? Send your cheque payable to “The Council of Canadians” or download, fill in, and mail back this Membership Form to:
The Council of Canadians
200-240 Bank Street
Ottawa, ON, K2P 1X4
Membership in the Council of Canadians entitles you to:
- Vote and participate in all Council meetings and activities of members.
- Join a local Council Chapter or form a new one if there is none nearby.
- Receive the Council’s annual report and audited financial statements.
- Receive timely updates on Council campaigns and actions.
By signing up as a member, you are consenting to:
- Taking $1 from your contribution to cover your membership fee.
- That you support the vision, purpose, mission and principles of the Council.
- That you are Canadian or reside in Canada.
Due to our political work, the Council of Canadians is not a registered charity. We are unable to provide charitable receipts for donations.